Jim and Julie are a super friendly and down to earth couple. They live in a beautiful area of Southern California where they like to spend time with friends and family or outdoors with their sweet and affectionate little dog, Bella. They first met when Julie came in mid-year to replace another teacher at the middle school that Jim was also teaching at. From the time they met, they were fast friends who shared many things in common and laughed a lot together. After a few months as friends, they began to date. When they got engaged the following school year, they became the talk of the school in the best way possible. Everybody was so happy for them to get married.
One of the obvious things they have in common is the love they have for children. Both really have fun with their students. They enjoy teaching kids at the middle school level. Jim teaches math and Julie teaches English. As they are getting ready to grow their family, Julie has decided to do substitute teaching at this time. Jim and Julie volunteer to help with the children’s program at church as well. They share that they feel so blessed to have children be such a big part of their lives. They are incredibly excited to adopt and become parents.
Throughout their marriage, they have continued to enjoy spending time and doing things with one another. They travel regularly always have fun, whether it’s singing along to music on a road trip, or flying somewhere farther away to explore. One of their favorite adventures was a dream vacation they took to Italy last year. They had so much fun walking all over and investigating Florence.
They also love the central to everything beach, mountains, amusement parks, hiking trails… area that they live in. They have a beautiful home in a community that is very family oriented. Surrounded with plenty of friends and loving extended family, they look forward to holiday celebrations and fun traditions that they regularly share. They, very much, look forward to sharing these things and more with their child.
Jim and Julie are well loved by everyone who knows them. Just as everybody was so excited for them to get married, everyone is even moreso excited for them to adopt a baby.
What They Love about Each Other
- Jim about Julie – I love how Julie has compassion and caring for those who are suffering. She is also good at seeing different points of view, and discerning how to best help encourage or guide someone. She is smart and funny, and has an upbeat, cheerful nature. I smile when I think about the sweet texts she sends me at work, or how she loves to sing to our dog to the tune of Christmas carols. Julie just loves to nurture, and I know she will be a wonderful mom.
- Julie about Jim – Some of my favorite things about Jim are his humor, his kindness, and his intelligence. He is an encourager, and is always willing to lend someone a helping hand. His empathy for students going through a difficult time and his compassion for animals show more of his caring and tender side. I also appreciate his love of the outdoors and his adventurous spirit. He is always willing to try something new A few things that make me smile when I think of Jim are his unexpected, funny comments when I am trying to do something serious, and watching him play chase with our dog around the table. All of these things make me know he will be a loving father.
Our Favorite Things:
- Enchilada casserole
- Swimming in the ocean
- Hockey – go L.A. Kings!
- Science fiction stories
- Playing guitar
- Chocolate malts
- My dog
- Hiking in Lake Tahoe
- Strategy board games
- Riding bikes
- Animals – especially dogs
- Hiking in the mountains
- Reading a good book by the fire
- S’mores, and all things chocolate
- Kayaking on Lake Tahoe
- Board games
- Making hot soup on a cold night
- Scrapbooking family photos
- Family moving night
- Bible study with a cup of coffee
Hobbies and Interests:
- Julie – Some of the hobbies I enjoy include cooking for family, walking/playing with my dog, and scrapbooking and other crafts. I also love reading (especially mysteries and historical fiction) and hosting book club with my girlfriends. Hiking, traveling, and playing board games are other favorite ways to spend my time.
- Jim – One of my big interests is music, whether it is playing the guitar or singing along to the radio in the car. I also enjoy reading science fiction and playing strategy board games. Beach volleyball and hiking are some of my favorite outdoor activities, and I also enjoy building and fixing things.
Dear Expectant Mother,
We are so thankful for all of the Expectant moms and dads who are considering us to raise and love their baby. What a selfless gift! Should you choose us to parent your baby, our promise to you is to surround him or her with unconditional love, security and opportunity. It would also be very important to us to share about your strength and courage. We will be praying for God to richly bless you as you travel this journey.
Romans 15:13, “May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.”